3 NIGHTS – 1400km
Accommodation; all meals; all alcoholic and other beverages; 24-hour full room service and bar facilities; limited laundry service; guided excursions (where applicable); entrance fees as per itinerary and government tax.
Pre/post-tour accommodation, flights and transfers; visas; gratuities; international/French Champagne; souvenirs. MEALS ON BOARD (unless adjusted) Breakfast 07:00-10:00 • Lunch 13:00 • Tea 16:30 • Dinner 19:30
Price from US$2140 per person sharing one way
Valid from 1 October 2019 until 30 September 2020
DAY 1 – VICTORIA FALLS
- Depart from Victoria Falls Station, Zimbabwe, and travels southeast. Guests may freshen up in their suites before joining fellow travellers in the lounge car or observation car at the rear of the train.
- Dinner is served in the dining cars en route to Kennedy Siding. Dress: Formal
DAY 2 – HWANGE NATIONAL PARK
- A continental breakfast is served in the dining cars until departure.
- Disembark for a game drive at The Hide in Hwange National Park.
- Lunch is served in the dining cars. The train travels between Dete and Gwaai along one of the world’s longest stretches of straight railway line – 114 kilometres – and passes Bulawayo: second city of Zimbabwe, capital of Matabeleland and industrial capital of the country.
- Tea in the lounge car or observation car at the rear of the train.
- Dinner is served in the dining cars en route to the border at Beitbridge. Dress: Formal
- Please ensure the Train Manager/Gift Shop Hostess is in possession of your passport.
DAY 3 – AT LEISURE
- Breakfast is served in the dining cars until 10:00. The train leaves baobab country and travels south.
- Lunch is served in the dining cars. The train crosses the Tropic of Capricorn.
- Tea in the lounge car or observation car at the rear of the train. Travel through Warmbaths (so named for its mineral waters) and
- Nylstroom, christened by the Voortrekkers as the source of the Nile River as the town’s river happened to be north flowing.
- Dinner is served. The train passes the escarpment’s edge where the Highveld drops precipitously. Dress: Formal
DAY 4 – PRETORIA
- Please ensure you are in possession of your passport.
- Breakfast is served in the dining cars until 09:00.
- Arrive at journey’s end at Rovos Rail Station in Pretoria.
Please dress accordingly for game drives/excursions: mornings can be cool then warm up considerably; afternoons can be warm then cool down considerably. Warm clothing, hats and sun protection are advised. Rain capes are available.
Excursions may be changed according to schedule achieved. Times are approximate and cannot be guaranteed. Please check with the Train Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org for any updates or changes to the itinerary. In your suite you will find the Journeys magazine that features articles of interest related to the route.
View Terms and Conditions here
T +27 21 410 8931
C +27 83 303 5252